Process and Timeline for Choosing ARPA Funded Projects or Programs.
July 2 – Advertise ARPA project Public Hearing in Eastern Shore Post, TOC website and Facebook page.
July 9 – Advertise ARPA project Public Hearing in Eastern Shore Post, TOC website and Facebook Page.
July 15 – Workshop Meeting
- Call the Workshop meeting to order.
- Prior to opening Public Hearing, review the following:
- Council process for choosing projects.
- Amount of ARPA award to Town.
- Rules for issuing and using funds.
- Treasury guidance on eligible and ineligible uses.
- Upon opening Public Hearing, review rules for public participation.
- Upon closing public hearing,
- Council members will refrain from discussing pros and cons of any proposed project or program that evening.
- Prior to moving to the next item on the agenda, the Mayor will appoint a committee to study proposals for the purpose of ascertaining costs and other pertinent facts before recommending projects and programs to the full Council.
August 19 – The committee will report back to Council with recommendations for projects and Programs. The council may elect to;
- Vote on projects immediately
- Delay a vote until a future meeting.
- Send the Committee back for further study.