CONVENIENCE, FLEXIBILITY, AND REWARDS
Enjoy the convenience, flexibility, and rewards of credit card payments for taxes or fees. In cooperation with The Town of Chincoteague, Official Payments Corporation offers individuals and businesses the opportunity to pay taxes or fees by telephone or directly over the Internet.
PROVEN SAFE AND RELIABLE
This service is safe, reliable and in accordance with all state and government regulations. In order to process your payment, Official Payments Corporation, the credit card service provider, charges a nominal convenience fee based on the amount of the transaction. To calculate the fee on a specific amount click HERE.
EASY PAYMENT VIA PHONE OR INTERNET
To pay by credit card visit https://portal.icheckgateway.com/TownofChincoteague/ to pay taxes over the Internet.
You will be asked to enter information such as:
- The type of tax or fee
- A bill or invoice number
- Your credit card information
- The amount of the tax or fee payment
- Your social security number (for state payments)
The system will:
- Tell you the total of your payment including the appropriate fee
- Obtain approval of the charge
- Issue an onscreen confirmation number and a printable digital receipt. Confirmation is emailed to users who request it. The charge will also appear on your credit card statement: the tax amount on one line, the convenience fee amount on a separate line.
Payments may be made at the Town office. Town office hours are Monday – Friday 8 AM – 5 PM. Payments may be left at Police Department anytime.