The rules of the Chincoteague Skate Park shall reflect the same rules as the Veterans Memorial Park. Also, it is unlawful for any person to ride, propel, push or otherwise operate a skateboard or inline skates on any public street, public sidewalks on Main Street or any other adjoining street between Jester Street and Maddox Boulevard, public lots or other public property (except for public skateboard facilities and public sponsored or authorized skateboard events) within the Town limits.
- All skaters must wear appropriate safety equipment: Skateboarders must wear a helmet, kneepads and elbow pads. Inline skaters must wear a helmet, kneepads, and elbow pads. All skaters must wear shoes.
- Only skateboards and inline skates are permitted in the Park.
- Spectators are not permitted entry into the skate area unless wearing safety equipment.
- Skater etiquette is expected at all times.
- No glass is permitted in the Park.
- No alcohol or drugs are permitted on Town property.
- No defacing of Park property. Vandalism is subject to incarceration.
- Personal property is the responsibility of the skater and may not be stored at the Park.
- No personal music devices allowed in the Skate Park.
- No trespassing or skating when closed (dusk to dawn).
- Profanity, recklessness and/or boisterous behavior are prohibited.
- Any infraction of the rules will result in the loss of park privileges.
Anytime the Skate Park located in Memorial Park is locked it is considered closed. Anyone caught in the Skate Park while it is closed will be prosecuted for trespassing. Trespassing is a class one misdemeanor which is punishable by 12 months in jail and/or a $2,500.00 fine.